Friday, September 25, 2015

Biking, walking, and lots of eating

I started my first full day in Vancouver by waking up early and going to the aritzia warehouse sale! I was debating whether or not to go but Doug's friend from the night before convinced me that I should go. And because of the jetlag, it wasn't hard to wake up early. I decided to go myself and let Norm catch a bit more sleep. The sale was at the Vancouver Convention Centre which is a 15 mins walk from our airbnb and right by the seawall. I got there at 9:15pm, 15 mins after the sale started and waited 20 mins to get in. The wait wasn't long but the stuff inside wasn't that great either :( I managed to find two circle scarves (one for Fannie) and a tshirt.


Anyway, after doing some shopping I went back home to wake up Norm and we tried the original Japadog which is just around the corner from our place. It was way more expensive than I thought... $7 for the original and more for the rest. But I would say it's something you should try if you're coming to Van.

Beef Terimayo (left) and Oroshi (right)
Original Japadog stand right by our place

Since it was a nice day, we made our way to Stanley Park to rent bikes and bike around the perimeter of the park. It was a sunny day but in the shade it was still chilly. The wind in our face was refreshing but I definitely wish it was warmer. The park itself was really beautiful and almost as big as Van city. Vancouver is a very nature-loving, healthy city so there were lots of locals (and tourists) biking, running, and rollerblading the park. Even when I was walking to the sale in the morning, I saw lots of people preparing for a run. 


Nice day for a bike ride :)

"Wait for me Normannnn!"
Scenic ride around Stanley Park


After an hour bike ride, we made our way back home to shower and squeezed in a walk to Gastown to try an organic soft serve ice cream joint called Soft Peaks. I had their signature Honeycomb Peak with real honeycomb topping! Soon after that we met with my cousin Charles and his family for dinner. Norm and I really wanted to eat sushi but it was a Sunday and lots of the sushi restos in the city were closed. We actually walked up and down a couple of major streets with lots of restaurants for 30-45 mins until we finally got a table at Bella Sushi. It was definitely worth the wait though. We got a sashmi platter to share and it was a-mazing!

Yumyum

Fam pic


Vancouver sashimi > Toronto sashimi

Addy and Reid are getting so big and it was great seeing them again. Addy is currently obsessed with Harry Potter and loves talking about every single minute. After dinner we were walking around downtown, getting cupcakes, japanese snacks, and going to wholefoods. It was so cute when Addy got comfortable with us and held my hand and then held Norms after :) I think eventually Addy preferred talking to Norm because he knows a lot more about Harry Potter than me and he has way more energy to keep up with kids. I got so tired of constantly talking and paying attention to what she was saying, lol. I totally understand when parents stop paying attention to what their kids are doing if it's not important, lol.

Only have a snapchat photo lol


Charles and his family eventually had to head home and we decided to chill at Norm's Ottawa friend's condo for a bit. Sandra just moved to Vancouver for post-grad school and lived right around the corner from us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment