Sunday, November 15, 2015

Last Day in Hawaii

Of course, on our last day in Honolulu, we started our day off with, you guessed it, Musubi Cafe! I'm sure spam sushi is not good for you but it's too yummy to resist. I regretfully booked a 10:30pm flight thinking that we would have an extra day in Honolulu to explore. However, I didn't realize that almost anything we do in Honolulu results in lots of sweat and since we wouldn't have access to a shower, we had to avoid getting too dirty. The only thing we could think of was to leave our luggage at front desk and find a cafe to chill at and to blog. We couldn't find a cafe with air conditioning and available seating so we settled with two comfy seats at the Royal Hawaiian Center. After an hour of blogging, we made our way to Tonkatsu Ginza Bairin for lunch. Again, the restaurant had two $$ in Yelp but the meal ended up costing so much money for so little food :( (I let Norm eat most of the food.) Luckily, as we were walking to a nearby Starbucks, we stumbled upon a famous mom and pop ice cream shop. The day was pretty uneventful, followed by our last visit to Marukame Udon. I stuck to my fave udon dish while Norm tried almost every item on the menu. 

Tonkatsu Ginza Bairin

Making our own sauce

Working

Kurobuta Pork Loin Katsu Set

Tasted exactly like the fruit


Hawaii and Vancouver have been amazing to us. My sister got married, I have more siblings, made new friends, and saw old friends. We tried amazing food and checked a couple things off our bucket list (i.e. surfing and scuba diving). Norm and I are ready to go back to Toronto and sleep on our luxurious king size bed!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment