Monday, June 21, 2010

Weekend Festivities

This weekend has been action-packed. Firstly, every Chinese person knows that if you visit Hong Kong, there is always chilling with family time. I do like chilling with the fam, it's always good to stay in touch. Anyways, after the morning where we went to this amazing scrambled egg and buttered toast place, Mandy and I went to visit my uncle Jeremy (who's on my mother's side). We went to Tsing Yi station where we did some light shopping. (Actually, it was more like Mandy and my aunt Stella looking at diamond rings). However, I have learnt a significant amount regarding diamond quality (D diamonds are the clearest), as well as different clarities and cuts. Though, I still can't understand why they're so expensive. Anyways, after that we went to visit my grandpa along with the rest of my mom's side of the fam. Mad food as usual (shrmip, fish, duck, roast pork, veggies, rice, etc). Mahjong afterwards, which I got utterly destroyed in as well.




The Sunday was EVEN MORE filled. Went for early morning dim sum with my dad's side of the family for father's day. Then we went to Hong Kong Park, where I nearly died of heat stroke (not really, but I was really really really struggling with the heat). Anyways, we checked out the teaware museum (kind of boring, but how exciting can tea be?) also checked out Pacific Place. And then MANDY BOUGHT EYE LASH CURLERS FROM SHU UEMURA! OH MY GODDD! Despite our tiredness, we decided to go to check out the Peak through the Peak Tram. I bought mad socks for cheap and Mandy managed to pick up some postcards. So.... some of you should be expecting something in the mail relatively soon. We had dinner and waited until the night to check out the Hong Kong skyline at night. It's actually quite breathtkaing.





Anyway, that's that. Catch you on the flip side.

-N

No comments:

Post a Comment