Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Back to London!

Norm:

Returning to London:

We had a fairly early flight to catch so we woke up early, got ready and we were out the door by 9 am. It was a good thing that the train station is right across from the hotel and there was minimal walking to get to the airport. It was a short flight there and I actually felt somewhat relieved coming back to London. London was starting to feel like a second home for me. 

From the airport, we took the Heathrow Express back to London and checked into our hotel. My parents and my aunt were also due to meet us in London, at a later time and we were to meet them for dinner. Because of the great experience last time, we had dinner at Maze where we had the 9 course meal. It was delicious and my aunt particularly enjoyed their bread and butter. From then, we went home and got some rest because tomorrow was my graduation day!

Me deciding which wine to order on the iPad

The best group picture (although a bit blurry still)


Graduation Day

The next day, I had to run various errands to get ready for the afternoon. My parents decided to tour around London and check out the major sights (Big Ben, Trafalgar Square, London Eye, St. Paul's Cathedral) and Mandy caught up on some Zzzz's. My graduation ceremony was set to begin at 5:00 pm and lasted an hour. It was bittersweet to know graduating from the LSE, but saying goodbye to all the friends I have barely met. After the somewhat long ceremony, we headed to the Accounting Reception being hosted in the New Academic Building. We only had two tickets (each for my mom and dad) and we had to be stealthy and sneak Mandy and my aunt into the reception as well. We snapped a few photos, had a few glasses of champagne and headed to Chinatown for dinner with my family and a few friends. From then, I set off with my friends for one last club night in London. We went to Amika and it was an amazing time.


One last look on the Thames

Proud Parents + Me
Me and Mattias - my floormate and coincidentally, top of my graduating  class


At the reception

Graduating Class!! Can you spot the Asian?


No comments:

Post a Comment