Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Home Sweet Home :)

Mandy:

After 30 grueling yet amazing days in Europe, it was time to bring Norman back home. We visited 5 cities, caught 3 trains, checked into 4 flights, and had delicious food along the way. 

Here are a few things I learned during the trip:

1. Being in a country where you can speak the language after not being able to is amazing.
2. Paris is my favourite city even though the trains and streets are super dirty. Save some money because the shopping and food is incredible. Also, save your money for the $10 glasses of coke at restaurants.
3. By far Bicester Village just outside of London is THE best place to shop for higher end items.
4. Airbnb.com is a trustworthy website to book a place to stay in almost any city around the world. It allows you to experience a city more like a local. 
5. My favourite art musuem is the Van Gogh gallery in Amsterdam. By far the best collection that I can appreciate.
6. Europeans definitely have a better fashion sense than North Americans.


I'm going to miss eating escargot everyday and the super thin napoleon style pizza. However, I also like to sleep on my own bed and not being within 2 metres of Norm at all times =P Oh and having dinner without cigarette smoke in my face is nice too =)

Stay tuned for our next Normandy Adventure! I'm hoping it will be a trip to Hong Kong and South East Asia.

No comments:

Post a Comment