Sunday, January 19, 2014

Phnom Penh (the "Ph" is silent?)

Norm:

Our flight to Phnom Phen was in the afternoon, and after having so much local food, we were craving some fast "American-style" food. We went to a fast-food place called Lotteria. As far as I remember, I only remember seeing Lotterias in Korea and we ate some "exotic" fast foods such as bugolgi burgers, shrimp burgers and my favourite: fried chicken. Afterwards, it was straight to the Saigon international airport! The flight was small; I think this was first time I was on a plane with propellers on the wings.



Shake Shake Fries

We arrived in Phnom Phen 45 minutes later and my first impressions of Cambodia are that there are beautiful temples and that the city is the least developed of all the countries we have visited. There is a main strip along the river where many of the tourists stay and play. We went to a 2nd story restaurant and luckily we were there as happy hour started. I had a hoi nam chicken rice (Americanized though, since they used grilled chicken breast, rather than steamed chicken thigh) and Mandy had the fettuccini carbonara. I also had a Long Island iced team, a California Tea and a Passion fruit mojito that Mandy couldn't finish. All of the attractions and markets in Phnom Phen close early, so we just went back to the hotel to relax. Actually, I relaxed, Mandy did laundry :).


Outside of the Royal Palace

View from the restaurant

Happy Hour!



No comments:

Post a Comment