Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Europe Bound Round 2!

Mandy:

Bonjour mes amis! Normandy is in Europe once again... and during the World Cup too! I started my Euro trip with my parents, Fannie, and Rony in Paris over a week ago. It was everyone's first time in Europe except for me so I was very excited for everyone to visit Paris because it is one of my favourite cities in the world. The food, the people, the sights, and sounds are all amazing. Norm couldn't join us for that part of the trip because he was studying/writing the CFA level III exam. Hopefully that will be his last exam ever in life =)

We booked an airbnb apartment in Paris for the 5 of us and it was great. The apartment wasn't too big but it had everything we needed. It was a typical Parisian apartment with no elevator and creaking floors. It was 5 minutes away from Chatelet Les Halles metro station and close to a lot of stores and restaurants so my dad would wander the streets on his own in the morning and at night. Since I have been to Paris before, I was basically a tour guide and planned out each stop and figured out how to get from one place to another.


Eating breakfast/lunch before heading out for the day


The only group photo of us. Eating at Le Comptoir de la Gastronomie (Mine and Fannie's second time there and Norm's fave Paris restaurant!)

After 5 fun filled days in Paris, my family was off to Rome to go on a cruise and I was off to Strasbourg, France for 2 days before meeting up with Norm in Germany. I chose Strasbourg because it is a small town with a beautiful cathedral and it was on the way to Munich from Paris. Since it was a small town it wasn't very difficult to find my way around but I was starting to get really tired of carrying my huge backpack around. Also, travelling alone is so lonely and I don't think I would do it again if I had a choice. 

My second favourite cathedral after the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona

View of the square

My first official dining alone experience. Trying the Alsatian choucroute (not very good)

Something We Asian Got

Petite France

View from the top of the cathedral

Alsatian tarte flambe (very yummy)

My next stop was Munich to finally meet Norm!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment