Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Paris Day 3


Mandy:

We woke up still a bit tired from the day before. It felt like I did a kettle bell workout the night before :P Despite the tiredness we bought two quiche Lorraines from a local (popular) shop, super sweet peaches, drinks and headed to the park across from the Louvre for a picnic. It's amazing how the sun can make such a big difference. During lunch we sat in the shade and it got a bit chilly but once we started to queue for the Louvre museum it was scorching!

Picnic at the park
Action shot


Finally after passing the Louvre everyday we went inside. Norman got in for free of course with his student visa. I had to pay €10 but for that small price you get to see a massive collection of artwork. FYI, some parts of the Louvre is not air conditioned so don't go on a hot day or wear light clothes and find the (rare) air conditioning vents and stand on it (that's what we did).

Norm mesmerized by the sculpted men
Religious Art


We made our way to the famous Mona Lisa painting and as expected there were numerous people crowding around to take a picture. It's pretty cool but I think there are other paintings to appreciate rather than waiting to take a picture of the Mona Lisa.

O.M.G. - It's the Mona Lisa

After exploring half of the Louvre we decided we had enough and made our way the Champ Elysee to visit the Louis Vuitton flagship store. The flagship store I believe is 4 storeys and was crazy packed at 5pm. I had my eye on the damier speedy 35 and after searching for a sales associate I bought my first Louis Viutton item :)

Gated Abercrombie store with a 40 person line to get in... Crazy
Arc de Triomphe at the end of Champ Elysee

We also stopped at the Laduree shop and purchased 8 macaroons. The store was crazy packed but the macaroons were delicious! It's supposed to be the best in Paris.

Laduree Macaroons. Some flavours I remember are: Ghana chocolate, pistachio, violet marshmallow, lemon and lime, caramel with sea salt, etc.
Chocolate and Pistacio croissant from Laduree... Delish!


We took the train back home and had dinner at La Tambour. (Norm really wanted to eat at Comptoir but the wait was too long.)

Escargot and French Onion Soup

So on this day I decided to wear my brand new Tod's. BAD IDEA. My heels were blistering and it was so hot out my feet were killing. Somehow I walked all the way to Arc de Triomphe from our apartment which is a 4km walk each way. Hopefully the next few days will be less walking... highly doubt it :(

No comments:

Post a Comment